Inner String Running Tool
When an inner string is run in a deep water application where the casing string exceeds the water depth and is across the sub sea blow out preventer stack, a situation exist where a well control problem would be extremely dangerous. This is particularly true when running fill-up float equipment and where the casing string or the casing string and inner string can not be sheared by the sub sea preventer system.
To keep the casing string full and to provide a method of circulating fluid through the casing a Inner String Running Tool a new tool is now available. This Inner String Running Tool lands in a sub sea hanger to provide an anchor and seal in the hanger. It also a method of sealing on the inner string so that mud can be circulated through the inner string, in the inner string/casing annulus or the casing/riser annulus.
Features and Benefits:
- Outer Latch Anchors the Inner String Running Tool to the Sub Sea Hanger.
- Outer Seal Seals in the Hanger.
- Inner Latch Provides a method of anchoring the inner string (1,000,000 lb rating).
- Inner Primary Seal Automatically seals on the Inner String Mandrel.
- Inner Secondary Seal Seals on the Inner String Running Tool Mandrel when actuated.
- Diverter Port Fluid circulates in the annulus between the inner string and casing.
- Outer Lock Ring Locks the Outer Latch to the Hanger.
- Outer Release Ring Releases the Outer Latch from the Hanger