Inner String Running Tool
When an inner string is run in a deep-water application where the casing string exceeds the water depth and is across the sub-sea blow out preventer stack, a situation exists where a well control problem would be extremely dangerous. This is particularly true when running fill-up float equipment and where the casing string or the casing string and inner string cannot be sheared by the sub-sea preventer system.
We now offer an Inner String Running Tool to provide a method of circulating fluid through the casing and to keep the casing string full. This Inner String Running Tool lands in a sub-sea hanger to provide an anchor and seal in the hanger. It also a method of sealing on the inner string so that mud can be circulated through the inner string, in the inner string/casing annulus or the casing/riser annulus.
Features and Benefits:
- Outer Latch Anchors the Inner String Running Tool to the Sub Sea Hanger.
- Outer Seal Seals in the Hanger.
- Inner Latch Provides a method of anchoring the inner string (1,000,000 lb rating).
- Inner Primary Seal Automatically seals on the Inner String Mandrel.
- Inner Secondary Seal Seals on the Inner String Running Tool Mandrel when actuated.
- Diverter Port Fluid circulates in the annulus between the inner string and casing.
- Outer Lock Ring Locks the Outer Latch to the Hanger.
- Outer Release Ring Releases the Outer Latch from the Hanger